White or Slight Yellow Crystal Powder
25 Kg Bag
Folic acid is a tasteless, odourless, yellow-orange crystalline powder that is insoluble in alcohol, ether and other organic solvents. It is the synthetic form of Vitamin and provides folates which are essential for DNA synthesis, repair and methylation.
|Appearance||-||Yellow crystalline powder|
|Residue on ignition||%||0.30|
|Total plate count||cfu/g||1000|
|Mold & yeast||cfu/g||100|
Dosage for Poultry
• Newly Hatched Chicks: 1-1.5 mg/kg feed
• Young and Growing: 1-1.5 mg/kg feed
• Laying Hens: 1-1.5 mg/kg feed
• Breeders: 2-3 mg/kg feed
• Broiler Chicks: 1.5-2 mg/kg feed
• Broiler Adults: 2-4 mg/kg feed
The present invention is directed to a novel process for the production of folic acid in high yield and utilizing a novel diimine as an intermediate. This diimine is formed by reacting 2-substituted malondialdehyde with p-aminobenzoyl-L-glutamic acid. This diimine may be converted into folic acid by reacting the diimine with triaminopyrimidinone in the presence of sulphite.
• Higher stability and bioavailability as compared with natural folates.
• Essential for the transfer and interconversion of single-carbon units, which includes formyl, methyl and methylene groups.
• Essential to cell division and protein synthesis, in particular nucleotide biosynthesis and remethylation of homocysteine.
• Necessary for normal immune function.
• Deficiency leads to impaired cell division and alterations of protein synthesis, which results in macrocytic anaemia and leukopenia (reduced number of white blood cells).
• Deficiency leads to poor growth and feathering, anaemic appearance and perosis in chicks and turkeys.